Ramadan starts on Tuesday – May Allah (s.w.t.) make it a blessed, peaceful and enjoyable month for all Muslims around the world.
Dear Community Members, Alsalam Alaikum,
As we are fast approaching the Holy Month of Ramadan, we pray to Allah (s.w.t.) to make it a blessed, peaceful and enjoyable month for all Muslims around the world.
We pray that this Ramadan will bring us the end of the coronavirus pandemic that has plagued the entire world for almost a year and a half. Your Board of Trustees has worked tirelessly to keep the Masjid safely open for prayers throughout this challenging period. We thank Allah (s.w.t.) for keeping us all safe and healthy during these difficult times.
We wish to bring to your attention the following main points and guidelines for using the Masjid facilities during Ramadan:
• Please DO NOT COME if you were exposed to people who have been infected with the virus or have travelled outside the state of California, until you finish the required isolation period,
• Please do not bring your kids to the Masjid as they are typically not easy to control and limit their activities,
• No food or drinks are allowed,
• Please bring your own prayer rugs and do wadou’a at home before coming to the Masjid.
• All prayers, including Taraweeh, will, Inshaa Allah, be kept short.
We would like to remind you that Darulislam Masjid is totally dependent on your membership dues and donations. Our typical fundraising activities have been greatly curtailed due to the severe limitations on attendance/gatherings. We urge you to send your generous donations and or drop them in the collection boxes, located around the Masjid.
We also would like to remind you that we have “Fatwas” from Egypt and Iraq stating that donations to a Masjid like ours, operating in a non-Muslim country, may be considered as Zakat. So please remember Darulislam when you develop your plan for distributing this year’s Zakat.
We pray that you, your family, and friends stay safe and healthy and ask you to continue following instructions/guidelines from the Federal, State and County authorities.
Darulislam Masjid Board of Trustees
The best Charity is that given in Ramadan!
We would like to remind you again with some of the more important guidelines to follow for consistent practices at all times:
We ask you to please:
– Inform all your family members and friends with the above guidelines to insure strict adherence by all members.
– Donate generously to your Masjid and help in covering the large expenses, incurred in bringing the facilities to safe and suitable standards.